Velosi Certification has been accredited by The United Kingdom Accreditation Service UKAS to provide inspection services as a Type A inspection body. This accreditation covers the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23/EC (PED), full details of our accreditation is available here.
The PED was adopted by the European Parliament and the European Council in May 1997 and from the 29 May 2002 has been obligatory throughout the European Union with penalties for non-compliance. The PED specifically covers equipment designed to contain a fluid at a pressure greater than 0.5 bar gauge.
To comply with the Directive pressure equipment and assemblies above specified thresholds must:
• Be safe
• Meet essential safety requirements covering design, manufacture and testing
• Satisfy appropriate conformity assessment procedures
• Carry the CE marking and other information
Pressure equipment and assemblies below the specified thresholds must:
• Be safe
• Be designed and manufactured according to Sound Engineering Practice
• Bear specified markings (but not the CE marking)
Download Service Leaflet