Velosi Specialised NDT teams provide Electro-Magnetic Array testing for defect detection and corrosion mapping used for structural and material integrity assessments. Using state-of-the-art Eddy Current, AC Field Measurement and Field Gradient Imaging technology, we provide highly accurate, repeatable and uncompromising performances for:
• Detection of metal cracks and flaws
• Corrosion and material thickness measurements
• Sorting and identification of materials
• Identification of heat affected zones
• Coating thickness measurements
• Electrical conductivity measurements
Advantages of our EMA System
• The Electro-Magnetic Array testing system we employ can be used on all electrically conducting material and is capable of detecting cracks without the removal of surface coatings. Up to 6mm of coating thickness can be penetrated with this system.
• The system allows for interfacing with a laptop or PC running on Windows operating system. It is quick to use and, with the high inspection speeds, data can be recorded, stored and retrieved for future reference.
The equipment used is small, light and equipped with a 250 meter remote connection. Our Engineers and Specialists are trained on rope access techniques enabling inspection to be carried out on areas which are difficult to reach or have restricted access. Applications include inspections of nodal joints for fatigue cracking above and below water, pedestal crane, pad eye welds, flare booms, sheer panel and module welds above and below water. Verification of impact/collision damage below water. Heat affected zones on pressure vessels. Through protective coating inspection, the system can be applied throughout the oil & gas, rail and marine industries.
The software we use handles tasks as varied as defect sizing through to corrosion mapping and defect imaging. One tool fits all. EMA even gives you Eddy Current so that you can immediately use it for your existing projects while you explore the other features.
Please click on the menu on the right for full details of the individual services.
Download Service Leaflet