Plant Design Engineers Sdn Bhd is a Velosi Group Company which leads the way in surveying services for the oil and gas industry. Utilizing the benefits of the latest in hardware and software technology PDE provides innovative solutions for an ever expanding customer base. When it comes to working in a demanding and often hazardous environment it’s got to be right, with highly skilled and professional staff PDE are there to provide a service second to none.
- 3D laser scanning of existing structure and systems
- Dimensional control surveys of conduit and flowline tie-ins, piping spools, structure & equipment.
- 2D/3D modelling services of “as built” point clouds, modifications, Audit & reviews
- Data management services for asset lifecycle management, 3D asset Navigator & Visualization, integration with O&M systems, structural data compliance.
3D Laser Scanning
The complex requirements for 3D data capture and digitization in the onshore and offshore oil and gas industry require first class personnel and the technology to back them. PDE uses the latest in Laser Scanning hardware including Leica’s HDS 6000 & Faro’s LS880 systems these systems represent the frontline in phase based laser scanning. For long range, we rely on the tested and highly successful HDS 3000 system.
PDE’s laser scanning systems are capable of capturing up to 120,000 measurement points per sec with an accuracy of 3mm. The result is a complete 360° image (scan) encompassing everything you see around the laser scanner.
Each Scan allows the user to view, navigate & measure while exporting into CAD packages allow for modelling, clash detection, site verification, fabrication QA/QC……..
The principles are simple
- Step one; set up references, these allow individual scans to be tied together and then integrated with survey into the clients reference coordinate system
- Step two; data capture of the laser scans, this involves using a high precision laser scanner to capture 360° image (scan) around the defined project area.
- Step three; survey the references, using traditional Theodolite technology measure each of the references and calculate into a uniform coordinate system
- Step four; stitching the scans together, using dedicated software the individual scans are linked together and transformed into the project coordinate system.
3D laser scanning allows for the capture, visualization and modelling of complex areas, it is an effective and cost efficient solution to a range of industry challenges.
Dimensional Control Surveying
Dimensional control is a survey discipline that requires highly trained staff and the latest in surveying instrumentation, back this up with a solid software package and PDE have the solution to your DC needs.
PDE uses some of the best surveying equipment available with the high quality Nikon Total stations and utilizing “Best fit” survey software PDE can provide results onsite in real time.
Solid work practices and survey methodology mean that PDE’s survey engineers provide a high degree of accuracy, with set controls and crosschecks to ensure complete confidence.
Dimensional control surveys are used for piping spool fabrication, structural fabrication, cut line markings, flange face & field weld tie-ins …
Just a few of the advantages are:
- Reduction in onsite time (reduced impact on valuable offshore billets)
- Fast turnaround of results
- A reduction in/or even total removal of rework
- Reduction in high cost low productivity downtime
- First time fit up of pipe spools and tie-ins
High precision dimensional control allows for very accurate survey of key interface points which are then documented for a fast turn around. DC is for those situations where “it just has to be right”.
In recent years the value of accurate 2D and 3D data sets has become far more relevant in fast paced and completive oils and gas industries. Negative influences in asset management have a major impact on production and the potential to incur massive costs. These risks need to be managed systematically and efficiently. The most effective tool in risk management is information, however this must be accurate and its significance often decreases with time.
Accurate 2D & 3D modelling is a valuable tool in your information database with benefits in:
- asset lifecycle management
- streamline coordination between O& M
- simplification of design and modification
- reduction in mobilization costs and site time
PDE has over 20 specialist CAD operators and design personnel with industry experience. While PlantLINx® is the corner stone of PDE modelling services we offer;
- Micro Station
- Review Reality LinX
Backed with the latest hardware and specialist software packages PDE’s modelling team can tailor make a package to suit even the most challenging project requirement.
- Creation of “As Built” models
- Plant Modification and Design assistance
- Creation of semi intelligent and intelligent models
- Conversion to PDMS
Information is the key to success, PDE provides first class modelling service which gives you vital information at your fingertips.